Thursday, May 29, 2014

Redi Shade Black-Outs

Redi Shade Black-Outs (pic from their website)

The blinds/curtains we had in the house were good for blocking the view, but not great for blocking out the light. When the sun came up, it came into all of the bedrooms, and consequently everyone got up.

We talked about various new blinds/curtains/shutters/etc. we could get to alleviate this issue, and a search brought me to Redi Shade's Black-Outs, that reportedly block "99% of sunlight".  And because they are less than $7 a piece (and made in the USA), I had to try 'em.

They are pleated black paper - no string to pull them up (though they send little clips to keep them up). They come in two widths - you customize to your exact window width yourself with scissors (I used an Xacto). You stick them to top window recess with included double-stick tape. Sounds pretty cheap I have to say.  But boy, do they work well!  The really do block the sun light.

Now if I could just keep the dogs from waking me up...

No comments:

Post a Comment